If you report an anti-social behaviour problem to Wellingborough Homes, we will try to help you sort this out as quickly as possible. We will:
- Record your complaint
- Investigate the complaint
- Agree an action plan with you
- Offer a free, confidential mediation service
- Work with other agencies (such as the police) to support you.
Some of the actions that we and/or our partners can take, include:
- Contacting the perpetrator to try and sort things out
- Sending warning letters
- Agreeing acceptable behaviour contracts
- Arranging formal warnings and cautions
- Issuing anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs)
- Taking legal action where such powers exist (such as noise nuisance)
- Taking out injunctions
- Removing tenancy security
- In the very worst cases, evicting a tenant from their home.
If you ask for our help, we may need you to keep a diary sheet listing any incidents that have happened. Evidence like this helps us to investigate problems, especially if things have to go to court later.
If you witness anti-social behaviour and you make a complaint, we realise you are helping to tackle a big problem. We will support you and keep you informed whilst the situation is dealt with.